Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I got my codes read on my car when my engine light kept

Customer Question
Hi, i got my...

Hi, i got my codes read on my car when my engine light kept coming on and off and had troubles starting. it said i needed both my crankshaft and camshaft sensors. so i replaced my crank shaft and it was starting fine but i didnt install the camshaft. so a couple days ago my car broke down and it wont start. its spinning and you can hear it trying to start and wont. so i bought my camshaft sensor. do you think that will help it start?

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?

No it runs fine even before i needed both sensors changed

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2001 chevy caviler

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

My boyfriend is fixing it after hes done school at 5. all ive tried so far is changing the crankshaft

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats everything

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/22/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

do you know the codes? and yes replace the other sensor and let me know how the car runs