Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It runs for 20 minutes and then doesnt run anymore. 2011…

It runs for 20...

It runs for 20 minutes and then doesnt run anymore

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2011 malibu lt 2.4ltr

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Malibu yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ive changed the battery, oil pressure switch, and fuel pump myself. i've gone back over them a few times. oreilly gave me some codes that im looking up

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?

I have the codes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Umm i think its the ecm

9/22/2017
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech

Hello, I am Randall, I need to start with the codes, What are they? thanks

ok so here's the list of them.
c0267
c0899
c0561
p0201
p0202
p0203
p0204

I do not know each any every right off, I have to pull information. I will and get back to you. Was the light coming on before the trouble you are having with it?

but for the traction system and break system. i just need it to run for now lol

Yes, some go to the traction control. some to most injectors, another for communications etc to the PCm.After I look at TSB's, each code and put all together? and you have not done anything engine wise or electrical wis on or at the engine? without being there in many more in involved tests. I am going to say you do in fact have a failing PCM or failed PCM. Yes, there is a TSB on the #200 codes with shorted harness. but the others? added to these? all lean to a failed PCM and I think by the question you too were leaning that direction. NO way to be 100% but, I have been doing this a long time, , put together all the codes you have set all putting together? I say PCM and I am near 98% on this

ok is there a difference between PCM and ECM

yes and no, post say 1999 the computer was called a ecm, post 199 it is now called on most vehicles the PCM, Electronic control module OR Powertrain control module. You can go to most parts stores and they know they are one in the same. I am NOT saying yours is a PCm, still shows in diagrams as ECM I am saying same difference between the 2 acronyms I sent

pre "1999"

thank you very much my man ill see what i can do from here

your welcome, hope all goes ok, remember to rate my service provided today. Doing ? does NOT close this session. You can come back to this post after rating with any followups after rating. Thanks! Randall

Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech