Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2006 chevy express 6.0 starts and the dies 2 seconds

2006 chevy express 6.0...

2006 chevy express 6.0 starts and the dies 2 seconds later,got good fuel pressure,tried pass lock 3 reset procedure but after 20 minutes the security light wouldn't go out.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?

Solid

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Express yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked fuel pressure 60lb tried reset procedure security light won't go out

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Last time truck was running security light was on,drove it a couple of miles shut it off to service it, started back up shut off after a couple of seconds been that way ever since

9/22/2017
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help.

Are you saying that the engine will not start due to a security system issue?

The security light is on solid with the key on?

Have you checked for codes in the computer?

Ok

I am waiting for your reply sir.

Don't know if it's security issue or not getting codes now

Ok, sounds good.

If the security light is on solid or if the security light blinks with the key on, it can certainly be the security issue preventing the engine from starting.

Here are the codes p0030. P0036. P0050. P0053 p0054. P0059. P0622

Excellent!

Thank you for that information.

So no security codes?

What about the security light?

Light is on solid but it was on the last time I drove it and it started easy

Ok, does the engine remain running on starting fluid?

What is the fuel pressure readings at?

60

And your sure all fuses are good?

check them all

Excellent!

Are you able to check the BCM for codes?

b1420. B2948. B2961

Thank you for that information.

Based on what you're telling me, this issue is most likely caused by a faulty passlock sensor inside the ignition lock cylinder housing.

what's the fix?

Replace the ignition lock cylinder housing and perform the relearn

What's the relearn procedure

You posted in your first reply that you have done the reset procedure.

I assume thats the relearn procedure.

What exactly did you do in the relearn?

Tried to start it started then quit ,left key on for 20 minutes security wouldn't go out so I abandoned the reset

YES. So to answer your question, thats the relearn procedure.

Ok , thx for the help

Your welcome!

I am glad I can help!

Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STARS or SMILEY FACES" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

I just ask that you allow time in between replies as I may be helping other customers or off line spending time with the family.

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

You should see the rating system towards the top of the page.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks and have a great day!!

AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN