Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My driving lights will not turn on. Headlights. 2003.

My driving lights will not turn on
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Headlights
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2003 Monte carlo
JA: Are you fixing your Monte Carlo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I tested the headlight wire there is power there I'm thinking turn indicator switch

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

When you say driving lights you are referring to the parking/running lights on all 4 corners of the vehicle?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Running lights headlights and highbeam low beam but when I pull back highbeam work

Under the hood are these fuses good, DRL/EXT LTS and EXT LTS?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sir

At the headlight dimmer switch are the black and yellow wires a good ground with the headlight commanded on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Yep

Thanks for checking all of those. So you have power to the headlights and ground to the headlight dimmer switch but the switch is not grounding the headlights. So this concludes the dimmer switch is at fault.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris