Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

My traverse is stuck and locked in park but key is in

ignition and clicking JA: Can you...
My traverse is stuck and locked in park but key is in ignition and clicking
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: No and can't turn the key
JA: What year is your Traverse?
Customer: Key is in ignition and malfunction indicator is flashing
JA: Are you fixing your Traverse yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2011
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It's stuck in the middle of my street!
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/22/2017
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.
did you wwant a phone request?

Meaning you can call me? What did I just pay for?
I just paid $28...was that for texting only?
My car is still stuck in the middle of th street.
Hello???

sorry my lap top froze up...do you have jumper cables?

My 2011 Chevy Traverse was parked in our driveway uphill. It wouldn't start. Just a few clicks and wouldn't turn over but the malfunction light was on. I tried it a couple times to no avail. I put it in neutral and rolled the car back down driveway to see if maybe it would help (even though I ju
I just filled the tank).

sounds like a dead battery...can you try a jump start?

Sorry. I already paid $28

can you try jumpstarting? all symptoms point to a dead battery

It locked up and then I couldn't get anything to work. Stuck in park. Steering wheel won't turn. Key stuck in ignition causing it to click repeatedly. We somehow got the key out by turning the headlights on and off and the ignition released the key.
Husband went to go get them to try it. But my battery light never came on and never showed any signs of being low
I should at least be able to put in neutral and move the car. It won't budge.

again all symptoms point to a battery that is very weak or dead generallythe battery light will not pop on unless the alternator is failing

there is no way to get it into neutral to move it out of the way until its jumped?
Hello??

not without jumper cables

Ok. We will try that then. Thanks

let me know ...the ignition cylinder and the shift interlock all need battery power to operate

Ok. If that doesn't work, will I be able to still text you? Never used this service before.

sure..let me know either way its 10 eastern time where i am..ill stay on until we get you situated

Great. Thank you so much!

no problem

any luck?

We got it to start
But battery gauge says 14...half way. How is that if it was so dead?
it's making a whirring sound under the hood

the 14 is the alternator charging voltage not the battery voltage i would have the charging system checked..

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue
If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.
A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated
If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue
Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.
you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue
(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)
Thank You
John S

JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
Great! That's good to know. I appreciate your help and patience. Blessings!
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy