Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 1988 Chevy truck with no tail lights or brake

Customer Question
I have a 1988...

I have a 1988 Chevy truck with no tail lights or brake lights

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?

Yes and the fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '88 Chevy?

C series

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, the fuses, the switches

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, the fuses, the switches

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/22/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Hello, I also need to know if the license plate lights work?

according to the diagram they have the same power feed and same ground so they should not be working as well. can you confirm?

also you want to double check fuse labeled as "PARK LP" and make sure not only that it is not blown but you want to make sure that it has power with a test light.

also

its a orange wire to the headlight switch that the fuse feeds so make sure we have power at the headlight switch.

the with the switch on we should have power coming out of the brown wire. that is what feeds the taillights.

for the stop lights we need to check fuse "STOP HAZ" and make sure that it is not blown and also that the fuse has power with a test light. the fuse powers a orange wire to the stop light switch on the brake pedal. when you press the brake pedal power comes out of the white wire which leads to the hazard switch on the column that comes out of a dark green wire to the stop lights. so that should get you on the right path.

Please take a second and click the STARS at the top of the screen to rate my service 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful , rating is just as important to me as your issue is to you. Please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again ,
Lou P.