Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevrolet 2007 HHR Code B00 12 0E

Customer Question
Chevrolet 2007 HHR Code...
Chevrolet 2007 HHR Code B00 12 0E
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/21/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 9 months ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

that code is saying the drivers deployment loop to the drivers air bad has low resistance in it

to find out if it is a connection or wiring issue to the air bad or the air bad itself a GM load tool needs to be plugged into the connector for the drivers side bag and see if the code goes away with the load tool plugged in

if it does the clock spring is bad or the airbag itself if it still sets there is a wiring issue to the drivers air bag

a GM dealer needs to plug it it to test the system next

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Nothing was connected, the mechanic remove and replace same airbag and column and clock spring, after that he got air bag light

then the issue will be the connection to the base of the column up to the bag OR most common the clock spring in the used column is bad as if the steering wheel it turned too far with the shaft disconnected it will break it

if it was not doing this before then the issue is the connection or the clock spring or the air bag

Connection is perfect

then the issue is the clock spring or the bag if it was not doing this code before

Both were replaced already, light stil there.
Is there an special reprogram after replace that?

no there is not

with that code there is an issue up to the steering wheel bag

a load tool needs to be plugged into the base of the steering column to see if with the load tool the code goes away or not to know what to do next

It deletes but comes back on

if the load tool stops the code the issue is the wiring up the column or the clock spring or the air bad

there is NO programming any of those

Load tool ????
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 8 months ago

yes a GM load tool that plugs into that connector the tool mimics the resistance of the airbag and clock spring

if the code goes away the problem is in the column