Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2014 chevy cruze temp gauge inop and message on display says

2014 chevy cruze temp gauge inop and message on display says a/c off coolent temp to high.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

This usually means the thermostat has failed. When thermostat has failed the computer goes into fail safe mode, forces ac off, and temp gauge stops working. You should start by having diagnostic codes checked, if you are getting code P0128 then thermostat needs to be replaced. Make sure to use OEM AC Delco brand replacement. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
replaced thermostat housing 2 weeks ago with new unit and all new sensors and thermostat worked good till now. the car is not overheating so might the thermostat stuck open?

Yes that is the common problem, did you use a OEM thermostat? Aftermarkets have a lot of problems.

Nevermind, I see you said the thermostat housing was replaced and not the thermostat. Replace the thermostat with OEM thermostat and problem should be taken care of. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.