Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Well truck was parked for several day,s went to move it and…

Customer Question
Well truck was parked...

Well truck was parked for several day,s went to move it and it barely started drove about 1/4 mile to fron of house now wont start at all will turn over and try to run with starting fluid have checked all fuses and replaced

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

I didnt personally there is a fuel filter housing we replaced and pumped

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2002 silverado hd2500 diesel wit allison trans lost owners manual over the years 4x4 might it be a fuel pump ???

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced the fuel filter and housing pumped many times on top used starting fluid it will try to run and we cant get to a shop without towing it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It was low on water and coolant refilled and it did start barely recently went to mexico in it maybe water in fuel or bad fuel it wont stay running we did replace the filter and its housing and pumped it till hard ?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chevy
truck wont start without starting fluid
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/21/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 11 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Do you have a scan tool to see what the actual and desired fuel pressure is?

Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 10 months ago

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris