Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2000 chevy silverado 5.3 po336

Customer Question
2000 chevy silverado 5.3 po336
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/21/2017
Chevy Mechanic: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 11 months ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. I have attached possible causes. also have you checked the input voltage and ground and the output signal of the crankshaft position sensor?

no i havent checked voltage on crankshaft position but after pump install the gauge reading is 50 psi it stopped the erattic movement but the viberation on the pressure line is still there and the only code is the po3
36 and off idle cold it misses horribly

ok, well the crank sensor is giving you issues. check the possible causes first to see if you notice anything.

have you read the rest of the response and can the missing set po336 also replaced pressure regulator 3 month ago was leaking and hard starting and what is your thoughts on line vibrating and is 50 psi running ok? and what is the testing procedure what color wires what should voltage be and describe the entire test
iam a old state mich lisc mechanic back in 1980 but went over to body and paint so i do have some knowledge of trouble shooting was a heavy line mechanic at chevy dealer and i have used just ask several times

I have read everything. I only deal with one thing at a time. the first thing to check with this code is the reluctor wheel

ok this is a 5.3 the reluctor is on the rear crank i think where is it visible from? and if i pull starter then what? and if i do i want to test the crank position sensor so back to how do you do the entire test?

standby please

yea never mind the reluctor, i was thinking 4.3

ok, you need to check for 5 volt reference , ground and signal at the sensor.

standby while i get you the test

ok but am going to call this episode for today how do we finish this tomorrow ???? because you haven't given me enough information to make it worth my while to pull the starter tonight and i asked several questions related to the whole picture and you haven't answered anything but po336 that i knew that it was crank shaft sensor when i first started telling you ALL THE SYMPTOMS the line vibration? the fuel pump pressure? the code setting for misfire? why is it better after warm up ? and what about 02 sensors codes ? SO/???????

p0336 is the problem we are dealing with unless you want to deal with another.. if you want to deal with the others then you will need to open other requests.

no i think i explained the reasons i don't want to continue tonight ! i don't think you are focusing on my issues . and especially after the 4.3 answer and what about your 5 volt reference ???? and the other questions puel pump psi line vibrating and the possibility of the code being set because of misfiring?? the snap on scanner lists these things as possible causes even running out of fuel i needed help diagnosing the entire episode before i start taking parts off for no reason like it would be nice to remove starter check wire for voltage then if it good what next if not what to check next because i don't want to put starter back on and then find out that it has to come back off to R&R the sensor how do you work you questions ? to get paid by one or the entire problem?

you have multiple problems. one isnt the cause of the other. you pay for one problem at a time. check out the crankshaft sensor. and making the 4.3 mistake? not a deal breaker. and most crank sensors get a 5 volt reference. I work on many different types of vehicles.

Ill let someone help. dont reply back it will take your question off the board. good luck

well in the past i have not had to list my questions one at a time when all the questions lead to a solution to fixing the entire problem and that's why i originally requested a chevy dealer tech . that deals with gm only and if i wanted jeneric answers i would have been on line reading blogs but i wanted someone to look at the WHOLE picture not just one part that's why i gave all the history in my opening question when you first open up the site but the only thing i got from the last HOUR AND A HALF was the color of the wire and the voltage which i could have looked up for FREE ! ! !
Chevy Mechanic: GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
GM Bob
GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is***** you still need help?

If so can you post your VIN?

Thank you

If you don't need any help.

I can request a refund for you