Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My odometer says error, it wont give me the milage, it has…

Customer Question
My odometer says error...

My odometer says error, it wont give me the milage

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?

It has no codes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2003 cavalier 2.2 dohc

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cavalier yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ive tried inpluging my cluster, ive tried reseting the cpu. ive checked for codes. I have none

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I drove my car 1 mile with the battery out, to my home while autozone charged the battery, then jumped it and drove back. had the problem since.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/20/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 10 months ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

everything else works fine ?

yeah,

when the odometer says error there is a failure of the micro possessor inside the gauge cluster

i am sorry to say the dash cluster needs to be sent out for repairs or a rebuilt or used one installed to correct this issue

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

thanks ill try it, i didn't wanna waste any money at a junk yard or online before I tried that. ill rate you after I try it.
thanks mike

sure thing