Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2014 chevy Malibu 2.5. Codes p0013, p0014, u0121. Common…

Customer Question
2014 chevy Malibu 2.5. Codes...
2014 chevy Malibu 2.5. Codes p0013, p0014, u0121. Common causes, how to repair?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/20/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Don,

The common cause for the codes P0013 and P0014 to set is in most cases caused by a failing Exhaust Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid Valve and in most cases replacing it will solves these codes. I have enclosed the replacement steps for this in the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ssdpndkpmqpj21b/P0013%20P0014%20Sep%2020.pdf?dl=0

GM has released a service bulletin dealing with the code U0121 as well . See the bulletin in the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5pv49b4eqowy19e/U0121%20Sept%2020.pdf?dl=0

How long does it call for to replace

The labor to remove and replace it calls for 2.1 hours which includes the valve cover and any testing would be additional.

Don't u have to pull the cam shafts out

It will have to be lifted for clearance as shown in step 10 . It dose not have to come completely out unless you are replacing it.

Don't the camshafts have to be locked in place somehow

Yes you will need the holding tool shown in steps #2 in the steps I sent you.