Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I have a 1992 chevrolet 1500 v6 that does not want to start.

Hello i have a 1992 chevrolet 1500 v6 that does not want to start. I removed the pressure line from throttle body and with key on no pressure, then i removed connection from relay and used jumper wire and fuel started pumping. Also the tbi will not release fuel but when i appy power direct and ground other pin it will inject gasoline. The spark plugs are giving a spark.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Do you have a test light or multi meter to test electrical at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i do. DMM

At one of the injector connections see if you have power on one wire with key on at all times, at or near 12 volts DC.If you do see if you have a ground pulse ( off/on rapid signal) when cranking over the engine at the other injector wire.

Let me know when your ready.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I checked for power and have 13 v at injector. Checked continuity in between other wire and ground and it stayed at 35k ohms. No pulse.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
12v not 13

O.k. so no ground pulse.

O.k. at the fuel pump relay test for these signals and let me know what you come up with here

Orange wire 12 volts at all times

Black/white wire ground at all times

Dark green/white wire ground with key on the first two seconds or when cranking

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Orange has 12 v
Blk/wht ground at all times
Drk grn/wht has no continuity(very high resistance) to ground at any time

O.k.,at the engine computer test these wires for the signals shown

All black/white wires ground at all times

Pink/black wire 12 volts key on

Orange wires 12 volts key on

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok. I will need to remove glove box correct?

Yes it should be located behind the glove box on top of the heater box

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Pink/black 12v key on
Orange 12v key on
Blk white 17 ohm resistance to grnd between wire and batt.

O.k.,the PCM/ECM has failed causing this issue.You have the correct power and grounds to it but it is not energizing the fuel pump relay or sending ground pulse signals to the injectors.I have seen this occur before and the PCM/ECM has to be replaced.Make sure when it is replaced you remove the PROM chip from it ( remove the access panel on top of the PCM ) and place that chip in the new PCM/ECM.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete