Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Pulling code P2455. Working on a 2010 Chevy express 3500…

Customer Question
Pulling code P2455. Working on...
Pulling code P2455. Working on a 2010 Chevy express 3500 with a 6.6 L diesel engine. We inspected the diesel pressure sensor and found a couple rubber lines going to it. We replaced the lines in the sensor. The code is coming back right away. We have done a couple regenerations over the last week while burning off some six month old diesel fuel. The code will not go away. Is there a possibility the diesel particular filter needs to be replaced? Thank you
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/21/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 11 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

While possible it is clogged and needs to be replaces as a restriction in it will set this code, it doesnt happen often unless the owner has really neglected the system

I would do the following tests first just to make sure the wiring and ecm are good

1. Visually and physically inspect the DPF pressure differential lines for the following conditions:

* A loose fit
* Any cracking
* An internal restriction
* Incorrect routing-Ensure the smaller diameter pressure line is connected to the front of the DPF, and to the smaller port of the differential pressure sensor.

◊If a condition is found, repair or replace the differential pressure lines as necessary.

2. Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connector at the exhaust differential pressure sensor.
3. Ignition OFF and scan tool disconnected for 90 seconds, measure for less than 5 ohm between the low reference circuit terminal 1 and ground.

◊If greater than the specified range, test the low reference circuit for an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the ECM.

4. Ignition ON, test for 4.8-5.2V between the 5V reference circuit terminal 3 and ground.

◊If less than the specified range, test the 5V reference circuit for a short to ground or an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the ECM.
◊If greater than the specified range, test the 5V reference circuit for a short to voltage. If the circuit tests normal, replace the ECM.

5. Verify the scan tool Particulate Filter Pressure Variance parameter is greater than 98 kPa.

◊If less than the specified range, test the signal circuit terminal 2 for a short to ground. If the circuit tests normal, replace the ECM.

6. Install a 3A fused jumper wire between the signal circuit terminal 2 and the low reference circuit terminal 1. Verify the scan tool Particulate Filter Pressure Variance parameter is less than 13 kPa.

◊If greater than the specified range, test the signal circuit terminal 2 for a short to voltage or an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the ECM.

we are getting on it.This is an ambulance, one owner meticulously maintained with service intervals including fuel and oil filters Every 5k miles for its like. It does have 490 k miles on it now.

With that many miles, it is possible that the filter has seen its better days, but I would still do the testing just to be sure no wiring or ecm failure