Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I am desperate. We are renting cabin (not a camper) with…

Customer Question
I am desperate. We...

I am desperate. We are renting cabin (not a camper) with Dometic electric composting toilet. It is clogged. I have used plunger with valve both opened and closed with no result. I have emptied excess water. How can I unclog toilet?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaks lately?

It is a Dometic toilet in a cabin in Nova Scotia. This is the only site I could find to ask my question. Please help.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Nova?

Dometic toilet in a cabin in Nova Scotia, not a car. Please read the question and then answer. Thanks.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Nova yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried to unclog the toilet in our cabin myself with no luck. I need technical advice.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/20/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 11 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This is unfortunate and can be a pain to unclog.The best way is with a flexible toilet wand as shown in the link below.Most people use this wand to unclog it.

http://www.adventurerv.net/camco-flexible-swivel-stik-tank-rinsers-p-541.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjIS75fKz1gIVTm5-Ch1WzgUoEAQYBCABEgK4GfD_BwE&utm_campaign=partsfeed_ppc&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=Froogle

But since you are renting it I suspect you dont want to purchase a wand.There are other tricks we have used to help unclog it you can try:

Open the toilet valve and pour several pots of boiling water down the toilet and into the tank. Let the water sit over night and soak. You may want to drive around after a few hours and mix it all in.

Or

How to unclog an RV toilet with the ice cube method: Fill the toilet basin to 1/3 full of water. Add ice and fill the rest of the toilet. Flush the ice down the toilet and drive around. Keep flushing with lots of water.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete