Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Technician
Experience:  25 years automotive experience, Certified Subaru Tech and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

I have a 2010 Chevrolet Equinox, 4 cyl. I just had the

I have a 2010 Chevrolet Equinox, 4 cyl. I just had the engine replaced and the Stabilitrack and ABS lights are on. They were not prior to the engine replacement. Could something have happened during the repair to cause damage to the censors?
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: The "Service Stabilitrack" and ABS lights are both on.
JA: Are you fixing your Equinox yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just got it back from the garage that replaced the engine.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that's it.

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

It is possible they forgot to plug a wheel speed sensor in or pinched a wire in the system to cause the light to appear. You really won't know without getting a code from the ABS system. There are a few items they would have to unplug to drop the engine cradle and if something didn't get plugging in tight it could be causing the problem. i would take it back to them and have them scan it, it really could be just something small causing the issue. You could take a look at the front wheel speed sensors if you were so inclined to make sure they are connected as they should be.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks, Mike.

You are very welcome and thank you for the rating!