Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2009 aveo LT. Had a P0102 and P0113 code. replaced…

Customer Question
I have a 2009...

I have a 2009 aveo LT. Had a P0102 and P0113 code. replaced the MAF sensor and air inlet duct housing but can't find the intake air temp sensor. It's not on the inlet housing and read online that it is incorporated with the maf sensor. Still get code P0113 so i'm stumped now.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the connectors on the sensor itself? It's important that they not be loose or corroded.

That is my next step. watching youtube on how to do that now with a Multi meter. started raining outside now though. came in to do more research

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Aveo yourself? What have you tried so far?

Right now, I've pulled out the air filter housing, inlet duct, Maf sensor, was cleaning out throttle body. looking to see if there was a sensor on the throttle body or before the air filter housing. The only code I get now is p0113 so stumped at the moment.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just where is the air intake sensor, if there is one.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/19/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician replied 8 months ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician

The IAT is part of the MAF sensor, as you've read. Do you have a scan tool that will read live data?

I figured that. I took a freeze frame and IAT read -40.
Hello?

I am still with you, I am multitasking, helping many people at once, so please bear with me.

If you go to the MAF connector, disconnect it with the key on/engine off, and jumper terminals 1 and 4 (white wire and brown wire), then look at scan tool, does the IAT reading change?

Okay. How long are you around for. I see it is close to 5pm est.

It is 4:35 EST, and I will be leaving in about an hour. However, I will check back in this evening to follow up with you.

I've jumped the brown and white wire. IAT still reads at -40.

OK. One of those two wires is open, or the ECM is bad. And the likelihood of the ECM being bad is slim, you almost certainly have an open circuit on one of those two wires.

The wires go into a spaghetti of wires so Is there a procedure or wiring diagram in the service manual? Is there a stock part that's sold with the wires and connector? Wire harness?

This is a matter of opening up the harness and finding the open circuit. I would first look at obvious places, any where the wiring harness rubs against something else, or if there is any damage anywhere. Look at the easy to access places first.

You can use an ohmmeter to determine which of the wires is open, by testing each wire from ECM to sensor. One them is open. Most commonly, this happens at the sensor or very close to it, that's where the wiring is most susceptible to damage. Sometimes the wire breaks inside the insulation right at the connector, you can't see it but if you pull on the wire, and it breaks in two, you know the copper was broken inside.

Did you get this worked out?

No. been in the hospital the last few days, so haven't had the opportunity. Getting discharged today. I'll get back at it when I'm out.
Chevy Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician replied 7 months ago

I hope you are well. Sorry to hear you've been down. No hurry on my end, let me know when you're ready to proceed.

Okay thanks, ***** ***** for getting back to me.

.

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician