Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I relearned the tpm sensors on my 07 Silverado successfully.

Customer Question
I relearned the tpm...

I relearned the tpm sensors on my 07 Silverado successfully. I heard the two chirps after the LR wheel. The light is out and there are no faults. I performed a quick clear just in case but it keeps telling me to check the tire pressures. They are all set to spec 60 front 80 rear and are reading correctly per scan tool. It does say high in the one status block but spec is 60 n 80 so I'm really confused. I'm pulling my hair out at this point

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the tire cold or warm? And are you using a decent pressure guage for the reading?

Doesn't matter and yes I'm using a gauge

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and please re read what I just wrote

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
The RF, LR , and RR are all new sensors
9/19/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 8 months ago
Ivan Alvarez

Welcome to just answer. Are you getting the pressure specs from the door sticker?

Chevy Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 8 months ago

Try putting all four tire at 65 psi. See if that takes care of it.

tried it and no change
Chevy Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 8 months ago

Ok now try setting them all at 35 psi. What kind of scanner do you have?

autel elite pro and do these responses go against my 5 follow up questions?
Chevy Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 8 months ago

I don't think so. Does your scanner give you an option for tire size/pressure selection. It might be under functional tests.

no it doesn't have that option. I have a copy and paste tpm files (which ive tried to no avail). I just re adjusted to 35 psi and still states to check tire pressures
I'm trying to avoid taking it to the dealer but I'm not sure how I can store the spec for the tire pressures
Chevy Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 8 months ago

Do you know any one with a snap on scanner? I know these scanners let you input tire pressure specs.

I'll check
Chevy Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 8 months ago

Ok

I was able to find a solus scan tool. Will this work as well?
Chevy Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 8 months ago

Yes as long as its updated.

Ok
Chevy Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 8 months ago

I​m logging out for the day. Ill check in with you tomorrow to see how it went.

Chevy Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 8 months ago

Any new info. Did the scanner work?

I had to program the spec in because someone how it was set at 25 psi.
That was my original plan but I was wondering if there was another way to do it and I guess not.
Chevy Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 8 months ago

So that took care of it?

Chevy Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 8 months ago

O​k.

Ivan Alvarez
Ivan Alvarez
Ivan Alvarez