Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

95 chevy blazer security light on wont start

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/19/2017
Chevy Mechanic: TIM MOHR, ASE MASTER TECH replied 8 months ago
TIM MOHR
TIM MOHR, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** the security light is on, then you most likely have broken wires in the column, that goes from the keylock cylinder to the security module, it is very common to break off right at the key lock cylinder, you can bypass the system, is this something youwould like to do?

thesen use a resistor chip in the key, the little black square on the key is the chip, you need to use an ohm meter to measure the resistance, then go to radio shack and purchase a resistor, they are about a dollar, then wire the resistor into the small white wires at th base of the column connector, this will fool the computer into thinking the proper key is always there, we do this alot,Tim

Regular key no chip

if the security light is on, then it has to have the chip, are yu sure its a 1995?

10/94 build date

then it has to have the resistor chip, are sure they did not give you the Valet key?

Ran with this key before

is the security light inside the cluster, or is a external light on the dash?

External

ok, this is not factory, if the key does not have a chip, then this is an aftermarket security system, do have a key fob on this?

No

ok , can you try locking and unlocking the drivers door with the key from outside?

Tried no luck

ok, you will need to find the controller for the aftermarket security system, and remove it, it could be anywhere under the drivers side dash, you will have to locate it?

Removed security still no luck spark and fuel ok

does it crank, but not start, or does the starter not even turn over?

CRANKS AWESOME

Ok, whenyou say fuel is good, did you check the fuel pressure, and if so how much was it?

64

64 psi???

Yep

ok, that is way to high, the pressure should be between 9 and 13 psi, if it is at 64, then you either have a bad fuel pressure regulator, or the return line from the throttle body is restricted, you said you had the tank out to replace the pump, it is possible you got the return line kinked or pinched, when you put the tank back in, I have seen this alot, if its at 64 psi, it will flood out the cylinders and it wont start,Tim

TIM MOHR
TIM MOHR
TIM MOHR, ASE MASTER TECH