Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have an 08 chevy 3500 hd with a 6.6 duramax. It just

Customer Question
I have an 08...

I have an 08 chevy 3500 hd with a 6.6 duramax. It just started throwing a po244 and a po 299 code. Since they are both a turbo related code can one be causing the other.

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Im charging the batteries now.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Turbo?

It is the original 08

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have checked the boots, tubes and hoses for leaks and holes. so far all good.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that i can think of.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/19/2017
Chevy Mechanic: BOBBYSS, Master Technician replied 11 months ago
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** many miles are on the vehicle and is it all stock?

all stock. 200k

Thank you. If you are getting these codes and if all of the hoses and connections are fine then first start simple. Make sure that the air filter is clean and that there is not anything obstructing the opening of the air filter box. If that is fine then you may have a turbo issue or a sensor problem. I would not suspect that the turbo would be failing this soon on this truck. From my experience this is usually caused by a bad manifold pressure sensor. This sensor is what tells the computer how much boost is in the manifold. If everything else is fine I would replace this sensor and clear the codes and see if they return. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

I have an evolution edge installed. I have never downloaded a program into the truck. I have used it just for diagnostics. It is now coming back as egr flow insufficient, plugged exhaust filter. It is also showing no boost from turbo. All of this is related isn't it? I will start with the manifold sensor and go from there. Thank you.

That can all be related. When all of this comes up it is usually caused by the diesel exhaust filter being clogged.