Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Pedal went all the way to the floor and brake didn't

Pedal went all the...

Pedal went all the way to the floor and brake didn't release. Pedal is stuck on floor

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried cleaning and oiling the brake pedal's pivot under the dash?

No I hab

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

Have not

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Chevy?

2006 3500 Diesel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 3500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I got home last night about 3am. Pulling flatbed most of day. When I pulled into driveway, it got stuck.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Haven't tried anything yet. It makes loud screeching noise if I try to pull forward. Wasn't all the way in place when this happened

Truck wasn't pulled all the way into desired parking spot, so I tried to pull forward. Video would be of great help. Or detailed explanation. I'm a girl and don't have experience repairing vehicles.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions + Local Mechanic Recommendations. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
It was 3am when I pulled in. Does the brake release with a pull lever under the dash?
9/18/2017
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

There is a handle under the dash to release the parking brake lever. If the lever does not come up when you pull the release handle, you should try to pull the lever up with your hand while holding the release handle. I will attach an image of the release handle under your dash.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Click here for an example of how to rate . Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.

Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
You are the best for answering my question and not laughing too loud :-)
Gave you 5 ��
Stars

Oh thank you. Its ok thats why we are here. Thanks for the stars and have a great rest of the day.