Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have 1990, I have a1990 Ford 150 pickup with new

Customer Question
I have 1990 Mechanic's...

I have 1990

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '90 Chevy?

I have a1990 Ford 150 pickup with new distributor. I have a 1990

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have a 1990 Ford 150 pickup with a new distributor. When the humidity is high it acts like it is not getting gas and bogs down. When the humidity is low it run great. You any ideas as to what is wrong?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

No it is not using any more gas than usual. However it is difficult to start because the relay needs to be replaced.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/18/2017
Chevy Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 8 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Okay, so first go ahead and replace the relays you said are bad, then check the fuel pressure and volume when this problem is occurring. We need to catch it in the act to diagnose it right. It may be a bad purge valve.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor