Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I am trying to install trailer hitch wiring HARNESS, I HAVE…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to install trailer hitch wiring HARNESS

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Chevy. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

I HAVE LED lights on the car, bur have the necessary converter... the 2 wires i cant locate is the stop light wire and the brown wire

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/18/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Mech / Electronics replied 11 months ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Mech / Electronics

You need to post:
YEAR?
MAKE?
MODEL?
ENGINE?
TRANSMISSION?
2 or*****

.

hi, 2015 chevy camaro 2ss coupe, automatic trans 8 cyl rear wheel drive.i have everything wired but can't find the brake light circuit wire (which i think is red) and the tail light circuit (which I think is brown)thanka

BRAKE:
WHITE wire (+)
At the BCM
BLACK 26 PIN Connector, PIN 11
.
TAIL LAMP:
Lamp (+) BROWN / LIGHT BLUE (LEFT)
BROWN / GREY (RIGHT) (+)
At the BCM
BLACK 26 PIN Connector, PIN 7 (LEFT)
BROWN 26 PIN Connector, PIN 7 (RIGHT)
.
Lamp (-) LIGHT BLUE (-)
At the BCM
WHITE 26 PIN Connector, PIN 22

what i am doing is installing a wiring harness for a trailer. I have everything connected in the trunk, except for the 2 wires mentioned previously - I want to know where the brake light, and tail light wires are - I believe the colorss are red and brown, but can,t seem to find them

I understand, but because the BCM (body control module) Powers those Lights, it changes voltage to the rear
will opt out & relist

good luck

Hi, I understand all that..... I have a converter to supply the correct voltage...... all i need to know is where the brake light, and tail light wires are and the color of the wires...... (in the trunk)

I have Opted out & relisted
Please do not respond to this as it will lock the question
IF someone else can help, they will post here

good luck

Chevy Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician replied 10 months ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician

Each light is independently controlled by the BCM, so there is no single wire for stop light or tail light, there is a separate circuit for each side. Would you like the schematics that illustrate this so you can decipher what you're trying to install?

Did you get this worked out?

Hi, still not worked out. I bought a Curt Upgraded Circuit Protected Tail Light w Converter Hardwire Kit...you can look it up at etrailer.com - i need to wire this...thanks