Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

We think the timing belt has gone out what are some of the…

Customer Question
We think the timing...

We think the timing belt has gone out what are some of the signs

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?

There is arond 80000 and no we havent

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Chevy aveo 2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Aveo yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i am

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No i dont think so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/18/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The signs of a broken timing belt is very fast spinning of the motor. No compression. This means the engine will sound like it is spinning over freely. Of this comes with no start. The signs of a vehicle that has jumped timing is slow cranking speed, at times no start. If the vehicle does start it will run very rough. What are the signs That you are having?

Here is the labor information just in case.

Labor pricing is listed in hours and depends on the hourly rate of the shop.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Chevy Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thanks again.