Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Cleaning exhaust fluid message then goes into engine power

Customer Question
reduced. Anything I...
Cleaning exhaust fluid message then goes into engine power reduced. Anything I can do we are in the boonies
JA: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: 28730. Mileage is going down
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2016 3500 silverado
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Running at highest rpm for about 20 minutes no change
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Won't go over 2300 rpm
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/17/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 3 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Give me a moment to see what you can do to clear it

HI,

The message should clear by driving above 30mph for at least 30 miles. If you drop below that, the regeneration process starts over.

If it does not clear after 30 miles, there is a fault in the system and will require a scan tool to diagnose

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Chevy Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 months ago

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Unless you have a further question on this, at this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager