Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My service engine light came on. at 1st it was just

My service engine light...

My service engine light came on. at 1st it was just flashing. Now its a on steady. I just had a oil change and radiator service

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

I dont

Mechanic's Assistant: Not a problem. You can work with the Chevy Mechanic to figure that out. What is the model/year of your Chevy?

However the coolant recovery tank was empty. its a 2003 chevy trailblazer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Trailblazer yourself? What have you tried so far?

I filled the gas tank thinking it could have been bad fuel and just filled up the coolant recovery tank

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that should do it

9/17/2017
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

with the coolant tank full now and you clear the codes will the light come back on or start flashing ?

I'm not sure how to clear the codes

disconnent both battery cables for 5 minutes should clear the codes

if the check engine light starts flashing again it means the engine is misfiring and on these usually its a bad spark plug or ignition coil

it usually will set P0300 codes for a misfire

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Also while I am at a stop, the engine shakes a little
thanks Gary

it sounds like the engine is misfiring usually due to a bad ignition coil for one of the cylinders or the spark plugs