Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My key is stuck in ignition and wont come out, yes I can…

Customer Question
My key is stuck...

My key is stuck in ignition and wont come out

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Yes I can turn steering, I just drove home. As far as bein worn it should not be for any reason

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2015 equinox LT

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Equinox yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried starting it again and tried to take the key out again and its not budging, and yes I was trying to fix it myself because it is Sunday morning and don't know that there is anywhere I can take it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/17/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 11 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is the engine starting again and running with this issue or is it not starting at all?

Is the key hanging up before the last turn off that you would normally turn it to to remove it or is it turning off all the way and not removing?

Let me know,thanks Pete