Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have 07 chevy impala has a 3.9 engine I'm having trouble…

Customer Question
I have 07 chevy impala...
I have 07 chevy impala has a 3.9 engine I'm having trouble finding information on how to torque the crankshaft main bearings in a nuemerical order can someone help me with some information
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/17/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 11 months ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

start at the center main cap then torque the bolts to 37FT LBS then go 77 degrees

then work your way out to each main cap until you get to the outers and it is torqued correctly

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

yes that will work fine

Okay also one more question , what is the torque sequence on the connecting rod and the crankshaft throw

connection rod bearing is 18 LB FT and then 110 degrees

Can you tell me the numerical order on the connecting rod bolts?

there is not one'just one cap at a time

On the caps barryings there is a stamp arrow does that go towards the front of the engine or the back ?

the front of the engine

Can you tell me what's the torck on the bolts for the oil pump .

oil pump bolts are 9 FT LB

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 10 months ago