Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My ignition is locked and wont turn and cant seem to figure…

Customer Question
My ignition is locked...

My ignition is locked and wont turn and cant seem to figure out how to get it out

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

I can turn the steering wheel and i have brand new keys made from a dealership

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

97 chevy cheyenne

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am. Ive tried putting the truck in neutral and move the steering wheel at the same time but it doesn't seem like it wants to move

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything right now

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/16/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician replied 11 months ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician

Is it stuck in the LOCK position, the OFF position, or where? Can you remove the key?