Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I want to turn off the security system on my Tahoe, 2015, I…

Customer Question
I want to turn...

I want to turn off the security system on my Tahoe

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Tahoe?

2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have to push the button on the overhead console everytime I get out of the truck. I want to be able to leave my dog in the truck without the system picking up her movement and turning on siren. How can I do that?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Also I don't want the doors to automatically lock.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it your first time dealing with this issue?

This is the first time I have finally "had it" with these issues and have asked for help.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/16/2017
Chevy Mechanic: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 11 months ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. follow the procedures on the attachment. you may notice it is for a 2014 tahoe, but the procedure is exactly the same for the 2015

how do I turn off the security system?

not sure you can. let me check it out

It can only be done by reprogramming the module with a tech 2 scan tool