Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ok I have a older Chevy 350 motor. I took off the balancer.

Customer Question
Removed the cover. Easiest way...
Ok I have a older Chevy 350 motor. I took off the balancer. Removed the cover. Easiest way to take off the stock chain so I can install a drive gear?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/16/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 11 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience: Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

like what year ,

give me vin# ***** i will send you instruction ,so i m accurate

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

click on link to view pdf file , let me know if you can view it

Please let me know if that works for you

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Easiest way to remove the crankshaft?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZO1fWVxN4c

can you watch this video ,click on link and tell me if you can

i think that will be helpful for you

1/2 way thru video is where the crankshaft part is

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

No help. Does not show how to do this

sorry that is i have on it but i will opt out of your question and open to other expert to assist you further on it

just do nit reply back to me since it will lock the question back to me and other experts want see it to assist you further ,just wait and other expert will pick it up

thank you

Chevy Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician replied 11 months ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician

Where are you stuck at, trying to get the crankshaft sprocket off the crank snout?

OK. The sprocket does simply slide off, but over the years, they tend to get stuck on the crank snout. They make pullers for this sort of thing, you can get a puller from a parts store and use that to pull the sprocket. Or, what I do is simply get behind it with a drift and hammer it off. You shouldn't have to get too physical with it, with a few taps, it should start moving. I realize it's hard to get behind it, you'll have to use a little ingenuity and figure out what tools you have that can do this, but the sprocket will come off without too much effort once you get it moving.

Please take the time to rate my answers, that's how I get compensated. If you have further questions, I am happy to follow up with you.

Chevy Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician replied 10 months ago

Did you get this resolved?