Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The computer reads that it's still in first gear, even if…

Customer Question
The computer reads that...

The computer reads that it's still in first gear, even if the shifter is in park and it won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

It's a 2008 chevy impala ltz

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Impala yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I've looked at all of the fuses, checked the fluids, and tried manually pushing the solenoid in on the console, but the car still reads that it's in first

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/15/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 11 months ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

how are you making out ?

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer