Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Will a th 350 and torque converter and trans bolt up to a…

Customer Question
Will a th 350...

Will a th 350 and torque converter and trans bolt up to a chevy 400 cid eng

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the torque specs?

No I have a rebuilt 400 cid eng and a th 350 trans

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

1948

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Chevy?

1948 chevy

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I just got the engine. I am 77 years old but I don't know if these two will mate up

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything now

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/15/2017
Chevy Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Yes, as long as the bellhousing is the chevrolet pattern and not the buick, olds, pontiac pattern. They are easy to tell apart. The chevrolet bell housing is angled at the top while the B.O.P. style dips down at the top in a curve.

They do make adapter plates to bolt the B.O.P. pattern to a chevy engine.

Next thing is you'll need a torque converter to match your flex plate. Some of did have a dual pattern for th350 and 400 and some did not.

Let me know if I can help further.

Rather a flex plate to match your converter, seeing as a flexplate is less expensive.