Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2005 1500HD air bag light is on shows code B0016 low voltage…

Customer Question
2005 1500HD air bag...

2005 1500HD air bag light is on shows code B0016 low voltage what is the problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?

I don't think so it works but I have not checked the wiring

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 Chevy?

Silverado HD1500 4x4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?

I replaced the pass side air bag and sent the diagnostic module in had it reset how ever the original pass side air bag had 2 wires going to it and the replacement had only one but the original 2 wires went to one

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/14/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 11 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

This is not a low voltage code, this is a resistance concern with the passenger air bag. Do you need the diag steps?

Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 10 months ago

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris