Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2015 Chevey Impala 2015 LT Code P228C indicates that with

Customer Question

2015 Chevey Impala 2015 LT Code P228C indicates that with the engine cranking or running the PCM detected that actual fuel rai
pressure was lower than commanded fuel rail pressure.I also have an error code C0242: PCM Indicated TCS Malfunction
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm getting a stability Link error a Traction Control error Engine reduced power and a engine light. I can reset the previous two and the engine will go out after a while. The can will drive fine but the same thing happens again.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

P228C sets when the The actual fuel rail pressure is 3 MPa (435 psi) less than the desired fuel rail pressure which usually means the high pressure fuel pump has failed but there is a tsb that covers this problem, here is a copy of tsb and testing information. C0242 may be caused by the P228C so I'd start with that. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xth4u7t5jhdyf2g/a1.pdf?dl=0

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/szj79x0isvwgc3v/a2.pdf?dl=0

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I use Car MD to get the error code and it stated thatEmissions "Smog" Check
You will not pass your smog check.
To pass your smog check, please take your vehicle into a repair shop for inspection.
Your vehicle fails the following criteria for a smog check:
- Check engine light is on
- A primary code is present
Repairing your vehicle should resolve your issues and allow you to pass your smog check.
Recall Notices -
Your vehicle has 0 Safety Recalls. These are announcements made by your vehicle's manufacturer that
there is a safety-related problem that needs immediate repair and should be repaired free of charge by your
vehicle's dealership.
Go to www.carmd.com/member/report/2490122d-0211-4470-9ea1-c1b1d909e354 to view these notices
online.
Warranty Status
This vehicle is covered. If this vehicle has changed hands, the new owner is also covered by this
warranty. Below is your default warranty information. This excludes any additional warranty coverage you
may have purchased.
Basic new car
warranty
3 years
Powertrain
warranty
5 years
Federal emissions
warranty
8 years
Is Warranty
Transferable
Upcoming Repairs 2
CarMD has analyzed your vehicle's condition and found that its likely additional repairs may be needed within
the next 12 months. It is recommended that you have these parts inspected by a trusted technician, and
replace as needed.
52%
Likelihood of
Replace Evaporative Emissions (EVAP) Purge
Control Valve
with
$232
Cost of repair
$70 in parts
$131 in labor
$31 in misc
Repair difficulty
36%
Likelihood of
Replace Evaporative Emissions (EVAP)
Canister Purge Control Valve
with
$159
Cost of repair
$70 in parts
$58 in labor
$31 in misc
Repair difficulty
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

I have no idea why they would recommend replacing those parts as it has nothing to do with these codes, I wouldn't pay attention to anything car MD said. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Expert:  Dan replied 25 days ago.

Ever get it figured out? Please do not forget to rate answer. Thanks.