GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Dies but starts back up after a minute, battery is charge

Customer Question

dies but starts back up after a minute
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: battery is charge radio and lights stay on
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2008 chevy uplander minivan
JA: Are you fixing your Uplander yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: pulled apart the instake and cleaned all the fuses and checked for any bad connections and grounds. took the computer out and gave it the tap trick
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to take it in but it seems like it will be a never ending problem
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Has the check engine light come on with this issue here at all or have you had the fault codes checked at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I had just a crappy meter on it mostly gave me reading about fuel but I don't think that's it. I have read about a box under the drivers seat to take apart and clean haven't don't that yet
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

When it does this does it crank over and not start right away to where you have to sit before it will start?The starter is engaging to crank over the engine but the engine is not starting?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
takes about two minutes before it will start back up. I believe I put the key to off wait 2 minutes then roll right back over
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

O.k.,but it does crank over when this happens but it does not start is this correct?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
is it the same price?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
or how much I suppose?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

If you are speaking of the call this is an added feature or premium service to where there is an extra charge.I am unsure of the costs.We can either do the call if you want or continue here instead just let me know what you want to do.

Thanks Pete