Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

A/c won't turn off I removed correct fuse then reattached…

A/c won't turn off...

A/c won't turn off I removed correct fuse then reattached battery terminal and 2000 tahoe attempt to crank without key even in ignition. what could cause this

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

No key is fine , I didn't attempt to turn wheel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well I just wanted the a/c to stop running so it wouldn't drain battery until I can get it to the shop, then the cranking with no key in ignition so I just left terminal disconnected

9/13/2017
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Does your model have a factory or after market remote start installed at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Viper alarm

O.k.,it is most likely the viper remote start trying to start the engine.Some of the after market remote starts will try and crank over the engine when the battery is reconnected.There are different ways to stop this.On some models you press and hold lock and unlock on the remote at the same time when the battery is connected to disable the starting that is occuring.On other models press and hold lock and start at the same time.You can try this to see if it then quits trying to start itself.If this does not work you will need to obtain the model number off of the viper remote start control unit installed so we can locate the instructions on how to turn off this feature.

As for the ac fan running all of the time this was a common fault on allot of GM model vehicles.The cause is the blower motor resistor/control module.It powers the blower motor to operate it and it shorts out internally keeping the fan motor running with the key off.You would have to replace this resistor/control module assembly ( usually located near the blower fan motor depending on the year and model of your vehicle) to resolve this issue here.If you can post the year and model of your vehicle I can let you know where this is located just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician