GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

On our Astro Van 2002, the rear hatch door (dutch door) will

Customer Question

on our Astro Van 2002, the rear hatch door (dutch door) will no longer open with the key, what can we do?
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: no, thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

are you able to get the door open?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, I mentioned in the beginning that this is my problem: I can't open the back door. Why this question again?

so you will have to pull the rear panel and find the issue more than likely you have a lock rod or actuator issue

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please cancel my question , since you are not addressing my issue. Please cancel the $ 26.-- you are charging me and I will call my MasterCard telling them not to accept the charge, since you have not helped me at all. Hugo Dittmann

or you can just contact just answers customer service and they will refund you