Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2003 Silverado cluster problem one thing happened running 60

Customer Question

2003 Silverado cluster problem one thing happened running 60 speedo goes to,o then back to 60 with some dash lights turning on
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: Yes
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I don't want to mess with electric
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: This just started to do this within a month I had the fuse box replaced ,3 yrs ago is there any recall on the clusters?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

There is no recall on the cluster but if speedometer is only gauge that drops and you aren't having any other problems such as shifting or check engine light then it sounds like the cluster has failed. A new cluster installed at dealership is about $600. Other option would be buying a used cluster and installing yourself. It is about a hour job if you were to have a mechanic install it. Buy a cluster with similar mileage to avoid bringing to dealer to have it reprogrammed. You can look for a used cluster on ebay or www.car-parts.com. The 3rd option would be to send your cluster in to have it rebuilt, there are many sellers on ebay that do this. Let me know if you have questions or would like replacement instructions, thanks.

Expert:  Dan replied 25 days ago.

Ever get it figured out? Please do not forget to rate answer. Thanks.