Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Every time I turn on ignition fuse to gages blows. the gage…

Customer Question
Every time I turn...

Every time I turn on ignition fuse to gages blows.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?

The gage fuse dooes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

1993 silverado diesel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took the wire off of the heat sender and checked continuity to ground. it showed that it was grounded. I pulled insturment panel intendding to run a new wire and found it was no longer grounded

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I had just had a dfferend engine installed by a mechanic

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/12/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 10 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

If removing cluster stops fuse from blowing that would mean the cluster needs to be replaced as it has internally shorted. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Chevy Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 9 months ago

Ever get it figured out? Please do not forget to rate answer. Thanks.