Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2000 Roadtrek Popular 200 that won't start. It has

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Roadtrek Popular 200 that won't start. It has a new battery that cranks but the engine won't start. what are the possible causes of this?
JA: Have you checked the engine's fuel supply? And the spark plugs -- are they all working?
Customer: The gas tank is full. The connections on the rotor cap are corroded, they were not done in a recent tune-up. My mechanic will clean them in a while but he thinks a bigger problem is that a sensor for the anti-theft device is shutting off fuel supply to the engine. I don't want to have the vehicle towed because that would cost a fortune plus $138/hr just to look at it and I don't even know whether the rv place would be able to fix it.
JA: What is the model of your '00 RV?
Customer: Popular 200 on a Chevy chassis.
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My mechanic is trying to fix it; he has tried a bunch of things and is pretty sure it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: has to do with the anti-theft device. Is there a way he can test that theory?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

HI,

Crank no start possible causes are quite a few

Low fuel pressure from weak fuel pump or clogged filter

no power to fuel pump due to wiring, fuel pump fuse, fuel pump relay or the engine control module

no spark due to weak/failed coil

no spark due to failed crankshaft position sensor or camshaft position sensor

no engine control module communication to the fuel injectors(no pulse)

no engine control module communication to the coil

no compression - internal engine

bad spark plugs

anti theft system activated

Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.