Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It died while driving, didn't hear fuEl pump so replaced it.

Customer Question
It died while driving...

It died while driving, didn't hear fuEl pump so replaced it. Was not the problem. Tested fuel pump relay it's good jumpered the fuel pump it works. I have no power to switched side of fuel pump relay and no spark.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

It won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

1999 gmc yukon

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Yukon yourself? What have you tried so far?

I thought ecu so pulled one off a 99 surburban it tried to run just not smooth put the original ecu back on it ran a couple days aND diedvagain

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/12/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Does the check engine light come on for bulb check when first turning key to on position? Is vehicle starting now?

I do have heck engine lgh on also security and tach doesn't move while cranking
No it will not start there is no power on the switched side of the fuel pump relay
no spark

CHeck to see if pink wire going to ignition module has power with key in start position, if not check to see if 20 amp ECM1 fuse is blown. If fuse is good but no voltage then replace the ignition switch. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.

I have checked all fuses, it seems as if my ecu is not getting power. Could it be a ground somewhere if so where. And just so ya know yit had a sow radiator leak and the coolant was spraying from top of radit or in driver side covering ecu and things around it.

Did you check to see if pink wire going to ignition module has power?