Chevy

Connect one-on-one with a verified chevy mechanic who will answer your question

Pete, Auto Service Technician

More related answers
All chevy mechanics are VERIFIED
First off, this site is amazing! I'm getting a whole bunch
chris tanner
chris tanner, Bachelors
Hi there, first off, this site is amazing! I'm getting a whole bunch of codes on my 05 chevy tahoe that I just bought. It has 72,000 miles and is getting all of these codes: U1064 U1301 P1626 P0101 P0… read more
My 2008 Chevy Malibu LTZ is having trouble with the door
Roger, Automotive Technician
My 2008 Chevy Malibu LTZ is having trouble with the door locks. They will lock just fine the first time I lock them but after I bring locking and unlocking the locking sound and function gets weaker a… read more
Have code P0171, i tried reset the problem the exhaust smeel
Mike V.
Mike V., technician
i tried reset the problem the exhaust smeel bad the spark plug is god mas flow sensor ignition coil hoses god not undertand that code P0171 … read more
I have a 04 Tahoe LS. 2 months ago car just shut off on me
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Hi, Tom. I'm Monique. I have a 04 Tahoe LS. 2 months ago car just shut off on me while driving. After diagnostic, I had the radiator replaced. Also had codes P0171 & P0174 for running lean, P0442 for … read more
A few weeks ago, after filling the gas tank of my 2009
Eric, Retired
Hello, a few weeks ago, after filling the gas tank of my 2009 Malibu LTZ, I received the warning on my dash of "check gas cap". The gas cap was on properly and I have had that warning once in a while … read more
Hummer H2: 2006 h2 with code p0230 and p0562 and p0171 p0174
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Automotive Repair/Damage Investigator
2006 h2 with code p0230 and p0562 and p0171 p0174 and p0101. vehicle dies driving down the road. changed fuel pump and have the same problems… read more
Chevrolet Malibu: I have owned a 2008 Malibu LTZ for 5-1/2
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
I have owned a 2008 Malibu LTZ for 5-1/2 years. It has 85,000 miles on it. The transmission suddenly went out a few days ago. I had it towed to a dealership. Then I contacted Chevy about some help wit… read more
Chevrolet Tahoe: I have a 2001 Chevy Tahoe, check engine light
Dan, Automotive Technician
I have a 2001 Chevy Tahoe, check engine light is on..had it checked by my usual mechanic. He said EVAP code is 0440 and that he could see that the hose is broken and that the "fuel tank rollover valve… read more
Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Z71: 2003 Chevrolet Suburban Z71 V8 Replaced
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
2003 Chevrolet Suburban Z71 V8 Replaced MAF, Air Filter, and replaced one PCV/Orfice Took it to smog check did not pass AIR Injection Car feels like it has a breathing problem while driving Check engi… read more
Suburban: 000 miles..an oil change..service engine light..diagnostics
Paul M ASE Master
Paul M ASE Master, Automotive College
I have a2004 suburban with about 150,000 miles on it. Took it in for an oil change and my service engine light was on ..after a $90 diagnostics the firestone place said it was indicating codes..P0171,… read more
done any diagnostics at all he coded it out told me..ride
David H
David H, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
i asked this question because at that point he hadn't done any diagnostics at all he coded it out told me a pressure regular i was curious as to how could he tell or can you ? i felt i was being taken… read more
2003 Silverado 1500: litre..2wd..MAF, Throttle Body assembly
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Have a 2003 Silverado 1500 with 5.3 litre, automatic and 2wd. A repair shop scanned DTCs and recommended MAF, Throttle Body assembly and 8 way throttle body connector repairs. DTCs scanned were P0101,… read more
2007 Chevy Tahoe ltz: s power locks are not working..blinker
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
My 2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ's power locks are not working as well as my left blinker. I took it to the dealer, who didn't think it was going to be a big deal, turns out it must be, they were not able to t… read more
p200: MY ENGINE..AT HIGHWAY SPEED, 70 mph-3000 RPM...ACCELERATE
Bill
Bill, Foreman/Team Leader
MY ENGINE IS NOT RUNNING WELL AT HIGHWAY SPEED, 70 MPH-3000 RPM. IT IS MISSING AND WHILE TRYING TO ACCELERATE THE ENGINE IS SLOW TO RESPOND. THE ENGINE HAS THE FOLLOWING CODES, P0430, P0780, P1637/38-… read more
2004 Malibu Maxx: alarm goes..I lock the car..find anything wrong
Dan, High School or GED
My 2004 Malibu Maxx alarm goes off when I lock the car for an extended period of time. The dealer could not find anything wrong. Worse, he said he could not turn off the alarm.(I have no use for the a… read more
2001 Chevy Corvette: The check engine light comes..fuel system..drove
Dan, High School or GED
To whom it may cern, I have a 2001 Chevy Corvette, and I have a problem with my emission system. The check engine light comes on and it stays on. I red the manual, and it told me that it might be the … read more
2004 chevy Astro: loose..50 mile trip and she felt loos e power..hiway
Butch
Butch, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I have a 2004 chevy Astro van with 79000 miles on it. The gas milage has gone down and my wife said it loose powr sometimes and has to let off the gas to get it going again. This past weekend she was … read more
1996 chevy blazer: 4.3L..4 wheel drive &..check engine light..p300
mike
mike, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I have a 1996 chevy blazer 4.3L engine, 4 door,XXXXX& have for the past 5 months not been able to get rid of my check engine light...initially code p0300 & p1441 came up...mechanic changed the fuel in… read more