Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Had only one mechanic look at my 2007 Malibu ltz and this is

Customer Question

Had only one mechanic look at my 2007 Malibu ltz and this is what he found wrong and priced me at. I just want to know if it all looks fair.
JA: Are you fixing your Malibu yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am a senior lady. He said these engine codes had to be fixed. P0101, P0171, P0174, P0455. Also BCM problems-- door latch assmbly some systems not functional something wrong with left front door. I have broken drivers seat and he thinks he just has to weld the track. He quoted me 900.00 lowest price to 1700.00 highest price. Does this sound fair and good.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: He just put these P0101 and the rest I gave you down under engine work codes. I have no one to reset these.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

From what you have described here if it needs a BCM this repair alone can run around $600 or more in some cases.The engine codes may be a mass air flow sensor needing replaced or a vacuum leak and this may run around $150 to $600 to have repaired.

The seat would need removed and track welded which can run anywhere from around $150 to $300 to have repaired as well here.

The cost does sound about right all depending on what is found to be at fault here.It all depends on what does need to be replaced or repaired.But it does sound like the mechanic is on the right track to locating and repairing this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete