Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2004 Duramax which had all injectors replaced a…

Customer Question
Hi, I have...

Hi, I have a 2004 Duramax which had all injectors replaced a year ago. The truck ran and still runs like it has a new engine. Two weeks ago it began to discharge what looks like a steam and oil mix from the steel breather tube at the front of the engine. It stinks and gets in the cabin.

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

At the time the injectors were replaced. Have put less than 2000 miles on since then.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 Chevy?

Duramax 2500 HD

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

The only thing I've done is hook up a rubber hose from the vent pipe to the rear of the vehicle. All other work was performed by a local diesel shop

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Why did I buy this POS?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/11/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 11 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is this a tube from the turbo or intercooler and is it leaking at a hole or a connection for this tube?

Let me know,thanks Pete