Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Shutters at 65/70 miles a hr goes away with

Customer Question

Shutters at 65/70 miles a hr goes away with acceleration,sluggish take off from start . It's a 2004 Chevrolet express 1500
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?
Customer: I bought the van a year ago fuel filters are new , I can feel a jerk after taking off from light , if I stop put it in gear again it takes off just fine
JA: Are you fixing your Express 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Shutter guard in the trans
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no not tha I an think of now
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

This shutter is it short and brief or something that you can make occur for a long period?

Is this shutter a fast vibration or more harsh like the engine has the hiccups?

The sluggish acceleration is that from take off alone or up through all gears?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Shutter is brief and harsh , feels like your running over small bumps on the road ,if you accelerate to higher speed it goes away
The take off is from take off alone and only happens if I stop at a light or to make a turn

On take off does it seem like you are taking off in 2nd and not in 1st gear?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it does

Thanks, ***** ***** shudder fits that of a torque converter clutch that is going bad or a concern with a ignition related misfire under certain loads. For the low power on take off. You need to count the upshifts to see if in fact it is taking off in 2nd and not in first gear. If that is the case then there is a likely valve body issue to blame. If the highway shudder is a misfire then that too can be to blame for low take off power.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris