GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Crank, no start. fuel pump is working. spark plugs (I think)

Customer Question

crank, no start. fuel pump is working. spark plugs (I think) are firing.
JA: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?
Customer: I just replaced the fuel pump and confirmed that it is supplying gas.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: it is pressurized up to the throttle body. I disconnected the lines and cranked the motor and fuel spilled out everywhere... 1990 s10 blazer
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am doing it myself I had a mechanic come out and do the initial diagnostic. He said it was the fuel pump. I couldn't get him schedule to come back and do the work So I just replaced the fuel pump tonight.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It's had a good deal of the electrical system replace recently. Spark plugs, wires, distributor, distributor cap and rotor, Ignition coil... that's probably all.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  eric remington replied 1 month ago.

S​O YOU NEED TO GET FUEL INTO THE ENGINE THRU THE INJECTORS SO ALL THE INJECTORS ARE PROVIDING FUEL TO CYLINDERS? DO YOU HAVE A GOOD ASPARK TO ALL CYLINDERS? WHEN DID THIS PROBLEM START AND HOW WAS IT RUNING PRIOR TO THE NO START? IS AIR ABLE TO GET INTO ENGINE IS COMPRESSION GOOD? IS EXHAUST CLOGGED IS THE ENGINE TIMING CORRECT?