Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Changed the batteries in both my remotes and now my 2006 her…

Customer Question
Changed the batteries in...

Changed the batteries in both my remotes and now my 2006 her won't lock, unlock or remote start. Before changing batteries you had to be right next to car to get it to unlock but could be quite a distance away and it would lock.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

Battery in car less than 6 months old

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 Chevy?

HHR

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your HHR yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/11/2017
Chevy Mechanic: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 11 months ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. Have you reprogrammed the key fobs?