kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

Ok well I have a 1994 Chevy class 1500 4.3 v6 and the truck

Customer Question

Ok well I have a 1994 Chevy class 1500 4.3 v6 and the truck will start but it will die after 2 seconds of idling even if I pump the gas pedal it doesn't stay running for long have changed the fuel mapping sensor timing is good there is spark and there is compression I am completely stumped along with a couple of my busys that are mechanics pls help
JA: Are you certain it's the fuel pressure sensor that's in need of attention? What about the fuel rail? Have you checked it yet?
Customer: Uhm I'm not even op sure what the fuel rail is so I haven't checked it
JA: What is the model of your '94 Chevy?
Customer: It's a 94 class 1500 red
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am currently trying to fix it with one of my buddy's he's a mechanic we have recently changed the fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel mapping sensor, and one more thing kind of a wired thing but when I turn on the emergency lights the truck will idle and run fine
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think that's it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  kalamykid replied 1 month ago.

I know you are going to think I am crazy, but can you unplug the head light switch and see if the truck will start and run correctly?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've done that but it doesn't do anything
Expert:  kalamykid replied 1 month ago.

Do you have a digital volt meter and a test light so we can do some testing?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do but I do not have Accsess to them until tomorrow as it is currently at my grandfathers shop
Expert:  kalamykid replied 1 month ago.

Do you have internet access there? You will need to be with the truck so we can go over some testing.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do
Expert:  kalamykid replied 1 month ago.

What time will you be able to be with the truck so we can go over the testing?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It won't be until tomorrow
Expert:  kalamykid replied 1 month ago.

OK. Just let me know when you are with the truck and we can do the testing.