Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Well I have a 1994 Chevy class 1500 4.3 v6 and the truck…

Customer Question
Ok well I have...

Ok well I have a 1994 Chevy class 1500 4.3 v6 and the truck will start but it will die after 2 seconds of idling even if I pump the gas pedal it doesn't stay running for long have changed the fuel mapping sensor timing is good there is spark and there is compression I am completely stumped along with a couple of my busys that are mechanics pls help

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you certain it's the fuel pressure sensor that's in need of attention? What about the fuel rail? Have you checked it yet?

Uhm I'm not even op sure what the fuel rail is so I haven't checked it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '94 Chevy?

It's a 94 class 1500 red

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am currently trying to fix it with one of my buddy's he's a mechanic we have recently changed the fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel mapping sensor, and one more thing kind of a wired thing but when I turn on the emergency lights the truck will idle and run fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I think that's it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/11/2017
Chevy Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 11 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

I know you are going to think I am crazy, but can you unplug the head light switch and see if the truck will start and run correctly?

I've done that but it doesn't do anything

Do you have a digital volt meter and a test light so we can do some testing?

I do but I do not have Accsess to them until tomorrow as it is currently at my grandfathers shop

Do you have internet access there? You will need to be with the truck so we can go over some testing.

I do

What time will you be able to be with the truck so we can go over the testing?

It won't be until tomorrow

OK. Just let me know when you are with the truck and we can do the testing.