Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have an 05 Malibu the rearview is loose not from window

Customer Question

I have an 05 Malibu the rearview is loose not from window but the ball won't position
JA: Are you fixing your Malibu yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am I really haven't tried anything. It's so loose when you position it it's so loose it just falls.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I don't think so. Thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

This means the mirror will need to be replaced, that ball that allows mirror to move is a pressed fitting and cannot be adjusted/tightened. You can get a replacement mirror on ebay for around $30 and install yourself. Let me know if you have questions or would like replacement instructions, thanks.