GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My accidently left my keys in the ignition on and the

Customer Question

My accidently left my keys in the ignition on and the battery went dead . the key is stuck in the position you put when you play the radio, i cannot get it to off. Stuck . we tried to start it from the front but lights came on inside but went off but car would not jump. We cannot get the latch to open in the back either. Ilove my HHR . i hope we havent hurt it . what do we do ? Susan
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: No we didnt and i have never changed it before.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: Its a 2011 .
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Whookef it up last night to the red box under the car that the video on line said put cames on but it wouldnt start light came on for a minute but went off some sparks flew. From the,cables . doesnt the key have to be totally off to start . i cant turn it off its stuck
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

attaching jumper cables under the hood will not allow the key to come out ?